- Ventilation accounts for 40 to 50% of a mine’s total energy consumption.
- Fan energy consumption can account for up to 50% of the mine’s electricity costs.
- Use of Variable Frequency Drive technology can substantially decrease fan energy usage and operational costs.
- Retrofitting of inefficient main fan assemblages will result in substantial fan operating cost savings.
- A properly designed fan cone can save substantial fan operating costs.
- By reducing air leakage by 10% one can reduce the system overall operating cost by 30%.
- Proper duct installation can reduce auxiliary fan operating costs by 20% or more.
- Application of Ventilation on Demand may result in reduced energy usage by 20 to 40%.
- Vibration is the primary cause of fan / bearing failure. Proper fan alignment and balancing will greatly reduce maintenance costs.
AirFinders can perform a ventilation efficiency audit, and help you optimize your ventilation system, minimize energy usage and lower system operational costs. Please contact us if you would like to learn more.